Thursday, November 1, 2018

Spongbob 7 Deadly Sins Project Update

Hello everyone, I unfortunately was not able to attend class earlier today but I would really appreciate some feedback on these compositions. I wanted to do something with an image of each character and a couple quotes from them that describes the sin that they represent. First, I had an idea to make it so that the text would be the picture, like the colors of certain letters would all come together to show the picture but it was kind of hard to read. So instead I made it so that half of the character is showing and the other half was the quote but the character is still visible through the letters.

Spongebob (Lust):



Patrick (Sloth):



Gary (Gluttony):



Squidward (Wrath):



Sandy (Pride):



Mr. Krabs (Greed):
For Mr. Krabs I wanted to include some money signs to represent greed but it just looked a little weird to me so I remade it, similarly to the others. Not sure which one is better, what do you all think?



Plankton (Envy):

1 comment:

  1. The compositions are formally strong but the projects relies too heavily on the image which should be secondary to the type and concept in this assignment. Remember that there needs to be three narrative threads (stories, ideas, formal content and form itself) in this assignment as well. Check out the other submissions and send me some sketches of one or two for feedback, and post to the blog so that other students can comment as well.

    ReplyDelete