Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Errol Morris Reflection

To me it seems as though the experiment itself was weak. I think using only 6 fonts restricts the experiment and some of the contenders against Baskerville just cannot compete, such as Comic Sans. I think its an interesting thought to try to find out what font is most "reliable", but society and individual's perspectives constantly change, therefore there will never just be one most reliable font. I agree more with the second article rather than the first. Also the type of people that read the New York Times are a very specific breed of people in my opinion, as a New York Times reader myself. Baskerville in itself is an interesting font, so Errol Morris writing a book about it is intriguing and kinda makes up for the claim he makes with his experiment. I think there should be separate surveys for Serif and San Serif as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment