Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Reflection: Errol Morris


I never thought typography could influence the minds of so many on confirmation of what is being said. Baskerville, I found out by reading the article, is actually way more influential than Georgia, Helvetica, or Trebuchet. It's really interesting that all the non-influential fonts he listed are half the fonts we can use on this blogger website. Also, my resume is actually all typed in Baskerville. I always thought it looked very classy and put together; I never had any idea it was a more "reliable" font to use, and I also didn't know it could persuade the mind of a future employer. However, after reading Fonts in Use's article, all the insight I got from Fast Company's article went out the window! I had two completely different opinions on the use of Baskerville, and in the end, no one's opinion mattered more than my own. Out of thousands of fonts, Morris only used six in the experiment. The findings were very biased and opinionated. I feel like if there was more of an in-depth analysis done, Morris could have acquired better results, but his admiration for Baskerville is interesting. I love Baskerville, so it's nice to see others appreciate it as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment